CFA Centennial Cup Challenge
Concept: A series of pre-determined, designated CFA Cat Shows where cumulative scoring in the region of record only will be kept in order to determine the highest-scoring cat in Championship, Premiership, Kitten and Agility that meets the Rules for Participation. Winner for each category will be awarded the title of Centennial Celebration Challenge Winner for each CFA Region and the International Division. This competition is an effort to promote CFA Cat Show and Agility competition to the public and further raise awareness of CFA and promote the versatility and beauty of our cats to the public. At the end of competition we will have on-line voting for Centennial Celebration Challenge Best of the Best - CFA Cat Idol. Only the CFA CCC Regional Winners will all qualify to participate in this phase of the competition. CFA members and the public may cast votes.
2005-2006 Rules for Participation:
1. Points are accumulated by participation at the Centennial Celebration Challenge (CCC) designated shows within the exhibitor’s region of record only.
2. Points shall be accumulated by show rather than by Ring. All the points received in every ring of a specific CCC show will be considered the total points for that show. Points counting toward the Centennial Celebration Challenge shall be from only such designated shows and shall only be recorded in the region of record. Points earned at designated shows outside the region of record shall not count toward the Centennial Celebration Challenge. None of the scoring of the Centennial Celebration Challenge will in any way affect the points earned toward Regional/National or any other awards. At the completion of the Centennial Celebration Challenge designated shows for the 2005-2006 show season, a cat/kitten will be credited with the points from all its Centennial Celebration Challenge shows.
3. Designated shows shall take place between Dec. 1, 2005 and April 30, 2006.
The Championship and Premiership series of shows
shall consist of 10 shows total for each region, 2 per month, for the 7 regions
in the mainland
The Kitten series shall be any of the 10 specified
regional shows, or any of the 4 for
6. The Agility series shall be any show within the region of record that hosts Agility competition.
7. Any CFA Registered Championship Cat, Premiership Cat or Kitten shall be eligible for competition.
8. Exhibitors must declare their intention to participate in order to be scored for the CCC.
9. Exhibitors in the Championship or Premiership categories may compete in any or all of the designated shows in their region of record to be eligible for scoring.
10. Exhibitors in the Kittens category may compete in any or all of the designated shows in their region of record during the time the kitten is 4 months of age until 8 months of age.
cumulative points from the ten (10) specified CCC shows within the region of
record shall be used to determine the winner in the
Agility Competition Exhibitors in the
cumulative points from the four (4) CCC shows within the region of residence
shall be used to determine the winner in
14. A participant may compete in only one category of judging: Championship, Premiership or Kittens. However, a participant may also compete in Agility in addition to the other specified category.
15. The winner in each category shall be determined after the final CCC designated show of the 2005-2006 show season. The results will be tabulated to determine the highest cumulative score for each category for each region.
16. The awards for each category shall be presented at each Regional Awards Banquet.
17. Winners in each region will be announced on or before May 15, 2006.
18. After the CCC Regional winners are announced all members of CFA and the public will have an opportunity to vote for the Centennial Celebration Challenge Best of the Best – CFA Cat Idol. Only the CCC Regional Winners in each category shall qualify to participate in the voting.
19. Voting will be done on-line with an Official Ballot. Each ballot must clearly specify which cat gets the vote. You may only name one cat per ballot. Ballots must be received by June 10, 2006 to be tabulated.
20. All Regional CCC Winners are encouraged to participate in the 2006 CFA Annual Awards Banquet where the cat with the highest number of votes will be named Centennial Celebration Challenge Best of the Best - CFA Cat Idol winner. A presentation will be made with a special award given to the winner.